Thanksgiving is just a week away, and you can already hear the tummies rumbling. Although wine is the traditional drink of the holiday, there are so many beer options that go well with the food, it’s hard not to want to buy a couple different varieties. Whether you’re looking to pair each course with the perfect beer, or you want to win over your host by bringing the goods, we’ve got your back. Here’s our list of Thanksgiving beers.
1. Rogue Juniper Pale Ale: This crisp and spicy pale ale goes perfectly with turkey and cranberry, and is just light enough to leave room for the food. The refreshing juniper is also an appetite stimulant, so it’s great as a before-dinner apertif. 5.3% ABV
2. Victory Festbier: A smooth, well-balance option that is sure to be a crowd-pleaser. The caramel-y, nutty malts are balance with a hint of hops, making for a beer that goes well with just about everything on the table. 5.6% ABV
3. Goose Island Nut Brown Ale: Brown ales are ever-popular, and go great with stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy and ham. This ale is nutty, complex and light enough to enjoy during this feast without taking away from the food. 5.3% ABV
4. Anchor BigLeaf Maple Red: This sweet and delicious brew brings a hint of maple syrup to dinner, great for pairing with sweet potatoes, pork, and most other usual Turkey-Day fare. 6.0% ABV
5. Shock Top Pumpkin: You can’t have a Thanksgiving beer list without including a pumpkin ale. Even if you couldn’t possibly have room for pumpkin pie, this is a sure-fire way to get your annual dose of pumpkin spices. 5.2% ABV
6. Magic Hat Heart of Darkness: Coffee may be what you’ve had with dessert in the past, but why waste the perfect moment for a dessert stout? This goes great with chocolate, good conversation and a toasty fireside. 5.7% ABV
And from everyone at Greatest Beers of the World, we wish you a Happy Thanksgiving!